Combine our race-winning DH38 platform with a number of key upgrades and together they form the best downhill fork we’ve ever created – the DH38 m.1.
Whether you ride an e-MTB gravity rig or the pedal-powered version, with superb small bump tracking and the ability to soak up landings from even the heftiest drop-off, the DH38 m.1 fork will give you smoother, faster and more confident feeling runs than anything you’ve ridden before.
Redesigned seals work with our new lubes and greases to further enhance the incredibly plush feel of the DH38 m.1. This actively boosts the levels of traction and control and helps smooth out even the most demanding course, enabling you to push your bike harder and finish your run feeling less fatigued.
The award-winning DH38 m.1 fork utilizes our TTX twin-tubed damping system to deliver unrivalled control and flawless damping whatever the riding conditions. This new model comes packed with enhancements and upgrades over the original, resulting in the plushest feeling, most capable and most easily customizable DH fork on the market.
All Öhlins suspension components are designed to be as easy to maintain as possible and the DH38 m.1 is no exception. To see how you can perform a 50-hour service on the fork lowers, check out the video here.
Just like every product fitted with TTX damping technology, the DH38 m.1 fork has a race-proven settings bank giving access to a huge range of options for tuning the damper to suit any specific rider, bike or riding style.
Key New Features
- New lubrications and functional greases decrease the breakaway force to make the fork feel smoother than ever before.
- New low friction seal head design enables increased oil levels for further lubrication and an ultra-plush feel.
- The size of the negative chamber can now be increased through tuning to further improve rider comfort, or to add spacers for additional feedback and control.
- The DH38 m.1 utilises the pressurized piston design from the highly rated RXF36 m.2 ensuring an even more consistent damper performance.
- A new needle design gives a greater degree of low-speed compression and rebound damping adjustment, enabling you to dial in your perfect set-up.
- Improved durability and serviceability, both in terms of construction and having more parts and kits shared with the RXF36 m.2.
- A new ramp-up tube design increases durability and minimizes service downtime.
- Redesigned high-speed and low-speed compression damping adjusters for more positive feeling clicks and easier adjustment.
- A cassette tool interface has been added to both the damper and the air spring to make removal easier when servicing and reduce the risk of scratching during maintenance.
- A more refined one-way valve to control the twin-tube oil flow – another successful design element adopted from the RXF36 m.2.
- The adjustment range specifically for gravity use, both race or park, has been increased to 15 clicks of low-speed compression and low-speed rebound damping and three clicks of high-speed compression damping.
- The twin-piston, three-chamber air-spring system is isolated from the upper tubes to reduce build-up in the head and enable easy tuning of the main and ramp up chambers – from the beginning of the stroke right through to the bottom out.
- Independent cartridge spring and damper systems
- Designed for use with a 200/203mm disc
- Uses the 110x20 Boost DH hub standard
- 38mm upper tube diameter for added strength
- Various offsets available to suit your ride - 46/50/54/58 mm
- Compatible maximum tire sizes 29 x 2.8 and 27.5 x 3.0
- Dual-clamp floating axle for minimum friction
- Available with 180 and 200mm stroke
- E-bike approved
- Race proven settings bank for easy and safe tuning
- Weight : 2820g (200mm with crown)