Where light weight of a cross country shocks meet the maximum control of a downhill bike. The search is over, STX 22 Air (Specialized) offers unheard of traction and support in light weight durable unit. No compromise needed.
Specialized and Öhlins working together to offer a new level of performance not seen in air sprung shocks before specifically tailored to the ride character of each model.
Analyzing the demands on an air sprung Enduro & Trail shock Öhlins STX concept was the answer. Thanks to the lower damping levels compared to a coil sprung Downhill shock, a less complex product has been developed that still maintains high-performance functionality and offer ride efficacy without tampering with downhill control.
The STX 22 Air (Specialized) features a large piston diameter balanced by a large compression valve that ensures internal pressures are kept under control. This results in low hysteresis and excellent damping response, offering ride efficiency without tampering with downhill control.
Low and high speed compression and rebound damping are externally adjustable with an additional climb mode setting, a stability mode facilitating long climbs with maintained traction.
The air spring features a seal system optimized for low friction but also to give a smooth balancing of pressure between the air chambers. The result is initial suppleness supported by mid-stroke control and that extra bottom out resistance coming from air spring characteristics. It is also possible to tune the spring curve by adding or removing volume spacers or additional oil in the positive air chamber for a more progressive or a linear feel.
- Specifically designed for the Specialized Enduro and Trail bike models
- Sizes: Specialized Enduro 2013+, Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon 2016+ Specialized Rhyme Carbon 2016, Specialized Camber 2016-2018
- One piece body and reservoir for minimum weight whilst maintaining maximum strength
- Autosag valve allowing super fast sag point set up
- Low friction seals and bushings
- STX-Damping technology
- External High speed compression damping adjustment with climb mode setting
- External low speed compression damping adjustment
- External rebound damping adjustment